twinniebar1mi

Sunday, July 13, 2008

More pics of Kyle in Iraq

I found these pictures on the official website for Kyle's squadron. The caption under the photos explains what they are doing. (I didn't write the captions, I copied them from the website!) Their squadron's website is: www.hmm-364.org just in case anyone is interested.

Swifty Aircrew LCpl Smith and Cpl Williams providing security
for a weapons cache until EOD could take over. Normally such
tasks are not assigned to “Wingers”, but the word has gotten out
across the AO that the Marines of HMM-364 are not only proficient Aircrew, but they can hold their own on the ground as well! Can I get a MAGTF!?!

(Kyle is on the far right in the green t-shirt)
Aircrew pictured here shortly after completing a sand table exercise with members of 1st Tanks. It was highly motivating and beneficial for the tankers to learn from the Swifty Aircrew who are experienced in operating REAL war machines…...ie Battle Phrogs

4 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Margie said…

    What is a MAGTF? Or shouldn't I ask????

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    I have no idea what a MAGTF is - but they put that on the news letter they let families read, so it must not be bad!

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I was curious about it, too, so I did a search and came up with "Marine Air-Ground Task Force".

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    Thanks Linda!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home