twinniebar1mi

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Visiting My Grandson

I flew to California on January 25th. I didn't arrive till 10:30 p.m. California time, which is 1:30 a.m. Detroit time. Tim picked me up at the airport in Santa Ana. I am staying in California till Feb. 7th - plenty of time to get to know my new grandson!



Nana & Malachi getting acquainted

Jill snuggling with her new baby boy



Tim & Malachi

Uncle Kyle & Malachi - Kyle lives with Tim & Jill -
he is also stationed at Camp Pendleton in CA

Here is Tim giving Malachi a bath

Malachi does not mind his bath at all -
even when Tim squirts the water right
in his face!

Chillin' on Mom's lap

Isn't he adorable?!

Uncle Kyle & Malachi relaxing on the couch

Isn't he just the cutest?!

My grandson, Malachi

Road trip - we are on our way to Camp Pendleton. We are
going to go to Del Mar Beach, which is located right on
Camp Pendleton

We passed by Kyle's workplace - he is a crew chief
on a CH-46 helicopter - his squad is
HMM-364 - the Purple Foxes

These are the CH-46 helicopters

We ate lunch on the beach, then Malachi
needed his diaper changed

Okay, we're ready to stroll the beach!

Jill, Tim & Malachi at the beach on
Camp Pendleton

Nana & Malachi

Nana & Malachi again

Can you read what Jill wrote in the sand?
Tim, Jill & Uncle Kyle call Malachi, "Mac"

We were actually looking for sand dollars and
sea shells, when Tim found a crab

The crab Tim found

The rocks actually had sea shells stuck to them

Here's a close-up of the shells on the rocks

While we were walking on the beach, some
AAV's (Amphibious Assualt Vehicles) came
riding up the beach

They rode thru the water then up the beach
to the road

Here's one after it left the beach, going
back to the AAV parking lot, I guess

Here is a CH-46 helicopter that flew over us

And here is an L-CAC, which is like a
giant hover craft, out in the ocean

We did find a lot of sand dollars and some
cool shells

That is my trip to California so far...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Margie said…

    Well I'm glad you're having so much fun! You only have a couple of days left, so live it up!!
    You inspired me to update my blog, so I'll work on it.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Krista said…

    Congrats on the grandbaby. Love the pics of the 46's and AAV's.

    Krista (Carpenter) Cronkright

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger lyzandchad said…

    he is just sooooo adorable!! it looks like a fun fun trip. can't wait to meet the little guy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home